Blogging is no longer a personal publication medium that allows bloggers to write about anything that takes their fancy. Its is a flexible and influential marketing tool that software companies should be using as part of their marketing and communication mix. The Technorati ‘State of the Blogsphere’ survey showed that there are now more than 133 million blogs out there, emphasising how important blogging is if you needed any convincing.
In today’s web savvy world, the first stage of the software buying process often starts on search engines. It is therefore essential that potential clients can find you quickly and easily online. Blogging provides an excellent opportunity for your organisation to be found more easily.
In today’s multi channel world to reach increasingly connected prospects, a company needs to provide a user journey across channels and platforms that are part of their target audience’s world.
Indeed, marketers are increasingly aware of the need to connect with so-called “consumers of information” through the savvy use of data and targeted engagement strategies. But are they doing it effectively?
The Digiday/Acxiom State of the Industry study found that while most marketers want to understand their customers and engage with them with bespoke experiences “in this era of the empowered consumer”, the majority haven’t yet found the optimal way of tapping into user data effectively.
Are you a software technology company that invests in SEO and PPC in the hope that, once found, your website will convert users directly to a demo of your product?
To do so is an oversimplification of the customer journey. What if a user isn’t ready to sign up for a demo? What then?
This “premature demonstration” user experience approach is likely to only resonate with the less than 5% of visitors that are at any one time ready to take a demo or make a purchase decision. So what about the other 95%? (more…)
Leading European cloud orchestration software provider Flexiant has chosen Brightfire to drive and implement its inbound content marketing and lead generation strategy in Europe as it looks to grab its share of a £30bn global marketplace.